Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Photoshop and Printing Ideas

My new "Surfaces" book is in the works and one of the printing ideas from the book comes from an image on the KathyAnne Art site.  Tessellation 10 from the Yosemite collection was chosen for a print on watercolor paper.  The paper has a pattern created with Golden's Molding Paste. The paste was applied and  scraped, with a cut piece of hardware cloth. Once dry, the paper was coated with Type ll precoat from inkAID.

Using Tesselation 10, I changed the image by doing the following.  This can be done with both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.



After downloading this image from the KathyAnne Art site, I changed the canvas size to twice the height so that I could copy the image, flip it vertically to come up with my final image to print.
So that you could clearly see the papers texture once printed, I was looking for an image that would show that once printed and photographed.




This is the final print.


The detail will show the texture from the paper.

My new "Surfaces" book will include canvas, pimatex cotton, some papers, lutradur, organdy, silk and tyvek.  The books focus is about my experiences and ideas when I digitally print these surfaces.  Off to the library today to finish the chapter on tyvek and hopefully canvas.  The ebook should be available later this month.  This will be the first book in a series that will start with books covering the topics of surfaces, texture and easy printing on the road for journaling.

Visit KathyAnne Art for tutorials and workshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment